Vinh Long, October 25, 2020 - The project of Vinh Long Obstetrics and Pediatric Hospital with a scale of 300 beds officially commenced at Pham Hung Street, Ward 9, Vinh Long City, Vinh Long Province. This is the second project of the Technical World Health (TWG+) Joint Stock Company, a member of the Technical World Group (TWG) corporation.
The project was implemented in accordance with Decision No. 1174 / QD-UBND (August 3, 2017) approving the hospital investment policy and Construction License No. 36 / GPXD (August 28, 2020), started on a land area of 9,207,7m2, the scale of 10 floors and one technical floor, designed on 25,775.9m2 floor area of work items.
Delegates perform the groundbreaking ceremony of the project
The important attendants of the ceremony including:
- Regarding the Central and other provinces
1. Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Truong Son - Deputy Minister of Health
2. Assoc.Prof.Dr. Luong Ngoc Khue - Director of the Department of Medical Examination and Treatment with some members of the delegation of the Ministry of Health
3. TS. Dr. Nguyen Duc Vinh - Director of Department of Maternal and Child Health
4. Mr. Hoang Hai - Secretary of Party Committee of Southern Grassroots Ministry of Construction - Director of Southern Affairs Department - Ministry of Construction
5. Mr. Mai Van Nhieu - Member of Standing Committee of Provincial Party Committee - Vice Chairman of People's Committee of Long An
6. Mr. Phung Tan Viet - Former Vice Chairman of Da Nang City People's Committee
- Regarding the side of Vinh Long Province:
1. Tran Van Ron - Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee of Vinh Long Province
2. Bui Van Nghiem - Permanent Deputy Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee - Chairman of People's Council of Vinh Long Province
3. Lu Quang Ngoi - Deputy Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee - Chairman of Vinh Long Provincial People's Committee
4. Nguyen Van Quang - Former Deputy Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, Former Chairman of Vinh Long Provincial People's Committee
5. Mr. Le Quang Trung - Member of Standing Committee of Provincial Party Committee, Vice Chairman of Vinh Long Provincial People's Committee
6. Ms. Nguyen Thi Quyen Thanh - Member of the Provincial Party Committee, Vice Chairman of Vinh Long Provincial People's Committee
7. BS. CKII Van Cong Minh - Director of the Department of Health of Vinh Long province
- Central and local communication units.
The project is invested more than 685 billion VND. It is a general hospital with different activities based on international standards, such as medical examination, treatment, and healthcare consultation for mothers and children. It has a capacity of 300 beds, operating within 50 years since the date of issuance of the Decision on the investment policy.
The establishment of the Vinh Long Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital expected to meet the local people's need for medical examination and treatment, especially in the complicated status of the Covid-19 epidemic happening. At the same time, this is also one of the significant solutions to reduce the workload for higher-level hospitals, support to take better care of people’s health while saving costs and their commuting time. In addition, the Vinh Long Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital also performs scientific research, applies new medical techniques, and aims at improving the community healthcare.
Mr. Nguyen Truong Son - Deputy Minister of Health, speaking at the launching ceremony
For the investor - The Technical World Health Joint Stock Company, Vinh Long Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital is a hallmark of the effort to put their name on the national health map. Following the Government's Health Socialization orientation, the project’s purpose is to enhance healthcare quality, respond to the increasing need for medical examination and treatment, after the successful transformation from public investment into the private investment of the previous project - Long An Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital.
Vinh Long Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital, belonging to the TWG+’s system, not only provides high-quality services to middle- and high-income groups but also focuses on all insured users, accompanying the local authorities, the health department, and the public hospital to take care of people’ health in the South-Western region.
At the groundbreaking ceremony, People’s Physician, Dr. Vo Thi De - Professional Director, Investor Representative for TWG+, said: “Responding to the orientation of promoting socialized healthcare from the Party and the Government, as an investor representative, we define Healthcare as a strategic investment segment in the five years 2020-2025. TWG+ has been investing and operating the Long An Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital in Tan An city, Long An province. The hospital has officially operated for more than two months, following the model of converting public investment to private investment. In particular, the Vinh Long Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital - the second project in the Mekong Delta region, will simultaneously receive health insurance for the majority of people, as well as implement modern, specialized, and advanced medical techniques. It aims at enhancing the quality of medical examination and treatment, meeting high-quality healthcare services demand and reducing the load of higher-level public hospitals."
Besides, the Vinh Long Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital plays an important role in contributing to social infrastructure development, attracting local investors, and developing the Mekong Delta. It helps to gradually erase the economic gap as well as the public welfare service gap amongst provinces across the country.
Information about Technical World Corporation - TWGROUP (www.twgroup.com.vn)
TWG is a multi-industry group with more than 14 years of experience in 5 areas: Construction and Geological Consulting, General Contractor of construction, investment, and development of renewable energy, Education, Health care. The Group has affirmed its outstanding ability through key projects in the field of Geological Survey and Consultancy, General Contractor, Renewable Energy such as National Assembly Building, Thu Thiem II Bridge, Hanh Phuc residential, Stella Mega City Can Tho, Golden Hills City, Van Lang University, Sao Mai Solar Power Plant…
In particular, with two specific areas focused on investment: Healthcare and Education, TWG has left its mark in many provinces and cities across the country with the school system of over 11 The Gold Beehive Preschools and Primary Schools, Block C Hoan My Da Nang Hospital, Long An Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital (a form of investment in the socialization of health) and is about to deploy the project of Saigon International General Hospital (District 3, Ho Chi Minh City), Vinh Long Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital... The Group continues to focus on the application of international standards in medical practice and management from strategic cooperation with prestigious international organizations such as AP-HP (France) - a unit consulting, designing, managing, and operating the hospital, OncoCare (Singapore) - a cancer treatment center, Metran (Japan) - a company specializing in manufacturing breathing machines, to bring to the best service quality to the community.