|Job title||Procurement Director|
|Report to||Deputy Director/Director|
- Build and develop the procurement team
- Plan long-term strategies for the entire purchase activities to bring the best value for the company and projects.
- Planning purchase methods for different types of projects.
- Manage and support the building of relationships as well as the working efficiency of the suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for controlling the entire purchasing activities from strategy to process and policy.
- Responsible for reporting directly to Deputy Director and Director.
Plan, supervise and manage purchasing activities:
a. Plan, supervise and manage the purchase according to schedule, quality and approved budget
- Set up purchase plan for all materials and equipment, set up projects’ infrastructure, supervise timeline.
- Ensure all activities are in accordance with the company’s process, rules and policies.
- Coordinate with design department to optimize the technical standards of materials and equipment in accordance with the standards of each project prior to bidding.
- Evaluate the technical criteria of the equipment and infrastructure, ensuring that the requirements for the selection of suitable products, suppliers and contractors are met.
- Monitor the quality of materials, equipment and infrastructure, ensuring compliance with the quality criteria as committed in the contract before delivering to the site.
- Control the cost of purchasing infrastructure packages within the approved budget.
b. Optimize benefits of the company
- Negotiate with local and foreign suppliers about the most profitable trade terms.
- Responsible for negotiations on pricing, payment terms, delivery time to optimize the benefits of the company.
Build and grow supply source
- Carry out analysis and assessment of suppliers’ performances annually to optimize supplier records.
- Maintain long-term relationships with existing suppliers and regularly look for potential new suppliers.
- Regularly update new technology and actively seek out more contractors and suppliers. Test, check performance and add to supplier directory.
Train and support colleagues
- Regularly develop and implement professional training programs for subordinates.
- Support colleagues and departments to accomplish goals set by the Procurement Department in particular and the company in general.
- Perform other works under the direction of the Direct Manager of the Board of Directors.
- Inside the company: Board of Directors / Branch Manager / Divisions of the Company / Project Offices of member companies
- Outside the company: Suppliers / Contractors and subcontractors / Clients
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Construction
- Priority is given to applicants with MBA or senior management degree
- 10 years of experience in construction business, where much of the experience is in procurement.
- At least 3 years in Director position or leadership position
- Leadership, can create team solidarity to achieve common goals
- Excellent skills in managing related partners
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Ability to describe and accurately assess the status of a construction project and provide solutions when necessary
- Excellent communication skill and ability to deal with subcontractors, suppliers and clients
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skill and experience in dealing with complex transactions
- Excellent computer skills in using related software
- Excellent time management skills
- Good office computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Efficient English skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Trustworthy, transparent, proactive and passionate